As you age, the micronutrients that the body naturally produces are limited and reduce more and more every year. If you’re trying to turn back the clock, the best collagen supplement will be able to increase the natural hyaluronic acid production in the body to help the dermal layer of skin, and also increase moisture and hydration to combat wrinkles and fine lines.
Rebuilding collagen in the skin requires the proper micronutrients to be delivered to the body to combat:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
Millions of consumers try to fight the aging process and with the right collagen supplement, you’ll also be able to restore the appearance and tone of your skin, and the texture and suppleness that you had when you were younger.
Hair and nails also begin to look healthier, and the right collagen supplement will provide you with softer, more hydrated skin within the first 4 – 6 days of usage. After just one month, you’ll notice a dramatic difference in your skin’s appearance. Your skin will be radiant, glowing, uniform and firmer in less than 30 days.
What Does a Collagen Supplement Do?
When you take this type of supplement, whether it be collagen pills or liquid collagen, the ultimate goal is to restore your body’s natural collagen production. This is what will help you turn back the clock, and start looking younger.
Don’t get me wrong, you won’t look like a newborn baby, but you can erase well over a decade – or more – of aging within just a few weeks.
Every supplement is a little bit different, but they all work to provide your skin with:
- Anti-oxidation properties
It’s a cumulative effect, and all of these benefits will be realized as a result of the corresponding ingredients.
Types of Collagen Supplements
There are a few different types of collagen supplements you’ll find in the market, and the most common types include:
- Liquid Collagen: The best form of collagen supplementation. A collagen drink is easy to bring along with you on a long day, and the nutrients are absorbed into the body quickly. Drinks allow for higher concentrations of ingredients to be included, so you don’t need to take large and cumbersome pills with you.
- Collagen Pills: Pills also work. Neocell collagen pills are a great example, but the main issue is that the absorption rate is much lower with pills. You’ll need to take a lot more pills than you would a drink, and the results are normally less prevalent because of the lower absorption rate. Many of the nutrients will not be absorbed into the body in pill form, and pills are often difficult to digest.
- Hydrolyzed Collagen: A form of gelatin. This will essentially be massaged into the skin, and will ultimately result in the ingredients and micronutrients absorbing into your skin layers. This is another great option, but we do recommend a collagen drink because they are more natural and an easy way to supplement collagen.
There Are 3 Forms Of Collagen
- Marine Collagen – the lightest and best absorbed. This is the type closest in resemblance to human collagen. It makes the best oral supplement for everything from regeneration to aging.
- Plant Collagen – the densest of the three and a complete waste if taken orally because the body cannot absorb it. It does make good face creams because the skin absorbs it easily. Taken in tandem with marine collagen, the skin’s appearance and texture will improve.
- Animal Collagen – the closest to skin collagen, but will do no good taken internally or as a cream. This collagen is mostly found in beauty clinics given directly through injections (aka wrinkle fillers) into the neck or face to eradicate the outward signs of aging.
The Best Collagen Drink – Skinside
Skinside – the best collagen drink on the market – is what I recommend to anyone looking for collagen enhancement. Liquid collagen is known to be better than pill form, and this is the number one collagen supplement in 2016 (I will mention one pill as an alternative).
Skinside contains the following ingredients:
- Vitamin B
- Vitamin C
- MSM: A natural ingredient found in organic sulfur, and is found in all living organisms. MSM aids in the production of collagen and keratin formation.
- Hydrolyzed Marine Collagen: Peptides that are sourced from freshwater fish. Every bottle contains 7000 mg of peptides, which will provide a major collagen boost to users.
- Organic Flaxseed Oil: Found naturally in seed form, these oils will help balance dry skin by offering moisturization and drying oily skin at the same time.
- L-lysine: An amino acid that is a fundamental building block of collagen at the cellular level.
Vitamin B and C also play a role in your skin’s health.
Vitamin B protects your cells from oxidative stress, helps with cell division, and promotes cleaner and glowing skin. Vitamin C is essential for collagen production, and protects the skin by boosting the immune system and preventing free radical damage.
This product works so well that you’ll experience the following benefits in just 30 days:
- 5% more skin hydration
- 5% increase in your skin’s overall thickness
- 39% increase in collagen density
All you need to do is drink one bottle of this collagen supplement per day, and you’ll notice results in as little as 4 – 6 days. Your skin will begin to realize its full potential after 4 to 6 weeks, but you’ll start noticing results by the end of the week.
Studies conducted by the company show that this product has an absorption rate of 90% to 95% – beating pill absorption rates of just 30% to 40%.
And guess what? You’ll experience:
- Radiant, glowing skin in 10 to 14 days.
- Firmer and fuller skin with fewer fine lines and wrinkles in 2 to 4 weeks.
- Skin renewal will occur between four and six weeks, continuing your skin improvement.
Skinside is a collagen drink that has been promoted worldwide.
It’s commonly mentioned in Cosmopolitan as well as many of the world’s other beauty magazines and outlets. It’s an amazing product, and you’ll be able to buy this drink right online.
There are one month, two month and three month supply options as well as travel options for your convenience.
If you are tired of looking at yourself in the mirror and finding more fine lines and wrinkles each and every day, it’s time to do something about it.
The Best Collagen Pills – NeoCell Collagen
NeoCell is actually a manufacturer, and the company has several supplements in their lineup. Since we’re talking about collagen pills, you’ll want to look at the:
- NeoCell Super Collagen +C 1&3
There are also a few other collagen supplements in the company’s lineup, but this is the one that we have personal experience with. This product’s main ingredient is hydrolyzed super collagen, and you will be required to take three tablets twice daily.
Vitamin C is included as well as sodium, but there no mentions of the exact ingredients that you will find in the hydrolyzed super collagen. What we do know is that there are 19 different amino acids included in this product to provide your cells with rejuvenation.
You’ll be taking three pills twice per day to maximize the absorption of super collagen in your body. The results are very similar to what we discussed with Skinaide, but I found them to be a little bit slower due to the lesser absorption rate.
Why would you choose NeoCell?
The only reason I would choose this product over liquid collagen is because of the price. Liquid form costs significantly more on a monthly basis.
If you’re looking for the absolute best supplement of 2017 (updated to runner-up status now after our Le Taut review), I would have to recommend Skinside. But if you are on a tight budget and don’t mind collagen supplements that take a little bit longer to produce results, NeoCell would be the budget-friendly choice.