Do you think you’re starting to look old?
Join the crowd. Our skin isn’t kind to us as we age. I’ve been known to stand in the mirror, squinting to make sure that’s a wrinkle or fine line – I knew it was in my heart. I’ve blamed my aging on stress, but the truth is that out skin loses its elasticity and starts to wrinkle naturally.
But does it work? What’s the science behind it?
With hundreds of positive reviews, I knew it had to work (at least somewhat), and I was pleasantly surprised by the results.
How Does SkinMedica TNS Essential Serum Work?
There are two ways this product works: application and chemically. The application process is simple. You’ll use the pump to place some of the serum on your hand. Use the back of your hand to place the serum on, and then mix before applying.
You’ll want to apply the serum on your:
And you’ll want to shower before using this product. Apply once in the morning and once in the evening – that’s it.
What Can I Expect in Terms of Results?
This is the million-dollar question. All that matters are results. A survey of people that have used TNS essential serum found that 92% of people experienced smoother, more youthful skin. Users’ skin will be healthier, too.
You’ll start to see the initial results after 30 days of usage; optimal results occur after 90 days.
SkinMedica TNS has two chambers.
I know, this is confusing, but this is why you need to mix the product on your hand before applying.
The two chambers have different ingredients, and they can be broken down into two main complexes:
- TNS Recovery Complex
- APS Corrective Complex
As you’ve probably guessed, it’s the ingredients in these two complexes that are behind the real “magic” of this product.
SkinMedica TNS Ingredients
When I looked at SkinMedica reviews (before I bought the product myself), people didn’t seem to mention any of the ingredients behind this product. That concerned me a bit, but the company comes right out and tells users all about them.
Inside of the first chamber, you’ll find: Human Fibroblast Conditioned Media. This is a growth factor blend that has been shown to reduce fine lines and wrinkles. This is a naturally secreted complex.
The second chamber is filled with peptides. These peptides are needed to keep the skin young and healthy. When a person starts to age, the peptides in the body will start to decline, which leads to aging.
Three peptides can be found in this complex:
- Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline
- Hydrolyzed Silk (Sericin)
- Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5
These peptides will help to replenish the lost peptides in your skin and replenish your youth.
Free radical damage can do a number on your skin. You’ve heard of antioxidants before (I hope), but you may not know that they’re great for the skin, too. There are a lot of foods that have antioxidants, but there aren’t as many as you’ll find in SkinMedica TNS.
There are seven antioxidants included in this serum, and they all offer their own unique benefits:
- Green Tea Leaf Extract – A polyphenol-rich antioxidant.
- EGT – An antioxidant that helps the body eliminate free radical damage.
- Coenzyme Q10 – A natural antioxidant that fights off free radical damage and works with Vitamin E to reduce scars, wrinkles, fine lines and more.
- Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate – A form of Vitamin C (ascorbic acid).
- Tocopheryl Acetate – A natural form of Vitamin E, which is boosted by the presence of Coenzyme Q10.
- Blackberry Leaf Extract – This extract works with the green tea leaf extract to provide polyphenol.
- Saccharomyces Ferment Lysate Filtrate – A yeast extract that helps the body prevent free radical damage.
And when combined, this is a powerful mix of antioxidants that helps prevent and eliminate the damage caused by free radicals.
If you’ve ever wondered if there was a way to help your body fight off aging on the epidermis level, this is it.
But there are a few ingredients that are also listed that we didn’t go over:
- Alpha-Arbutin – an ingredient that works to brighten the skin naturally.
- Hyaluronic Filling Sphere – filling spheres that trap water on the skin like a sponge to add moisture to the skin and allow it to stay hydrated.
Just a quick glance at all these ingredients, and you can see that this is a product that works – and it works very well.
When used alongside SkinMedica HA5, this product works even better.
What Are Other SkinMedica TNS Reviews Saying?
I went through a lot of reviews before diving in and trying this product. I know just how important every dollar is when you’re buying an anti-aging product, so I wanted to see what others thought about this product.
The reviews are extremely positive:
- It made my skin more supple, very fine lines and wrinkles disappeared, my skin is smoother and firmer, too.
- This product works well but the bottle is designed horribly.
- It visibly reduces fine lines and tightens your skin.
- My dermatologist recommended this product and it worked wonders in just a few weeks.
The only major downside is that the bottle tends to clog up. This clogging will leave you trying to extract the serum by removing the cap, which does work. It’s a minor quirk that is the only bad thing I – or others – say about this product.
You can’t expect miracles overnight, but give this serum a good try for 30 days, and you’ll notice that you look younger.