This post was last updated on January 6th, 2017
Bella Doré is an anti-aging cream designed to lessen the appearance of wrinkles and return elasticity, smoothness, and youthfulness to your appearance.
That could be said about a lot of skin creams, but this one actually delivers. Before I tell you more about Bella Doré, I want to tell you a little bit about my story.
I Was Desperate to Turn Back the Clock
I’m only in my late 30s, but it seemed like age caught up with me much faster than most people. Maybe that’s because I spent a lot of time in the sun when I was younger. I can’t tell you how frustrating it was looking in the mirror and already seeing so many fine lines and even some age spots and sagging around my eyes.
I tried so many different skincare products!
Most of them did absolutely nothing. I was throwing away time and money, and I was not getting any younger. I started researching into retinol benefits, and eventually started getting some results with a few products I tried. But it wasn’t until I tried Bella Doré I finally got the results I was looking for!
What is Bella Doré?
Bella Doré is a topical cream you apply directly to your skin. Some of the key active ingredients include retinol, sea kelp, willow bark, and Citrustem™.
There ingredients are all 100% natural and healthy.
That’s right, there are no nasty artificial ingredients in here!
Applying Bella Doré is easy. Just wash your face and dry it, then apply the serum to the problem areas of your skin (I do my entire face). You wait for it to absorb into your skin … and that’s it! Apply it twice a day and give it at least several weeks to start kicking in. Retinol products can be very effective, but you need to give them some time.
How Does Bella Doré Work Its Magic?
I can’t stand those reviews that just say, “This product was super amazing! Trust me on it!” I want you to understand exactly how Bella Doré works. So let’s take another look at those ingredients.
- Sea kelp: Sea kelp has cleansing and hydrating properties that moisturize your skin for a soft, supple appearance. As a bonus, it fights inflammation, which is perfect if you suffer from acne.
- Willow bark: Willow bark exfoliates your skin, sloughing away dead tissue. This helps make your skin softer and smoother. It can reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- Citrustem™: While this ingredient may have an unusual-sounding name, it is actually just a substance derived from orange stem cells. It reduces wrinkles and age lines while boosting the elasticity and firmness of your skin. According to its manufacturers, it can restore your skin to the appearance it had 12 years ago.
- Syn®-Ake: This is a synthetic form of snake venom. It works very much like Botox, but it is much gentler.
Bella Doré is a retinol-based skin cream. If you aren’t too familiar with retinol, it is a form of vitamin A. If you’ve shopped around for various retinol creams, you may have noticed that there are various ingredients with similar names which are used in different skin creams—retinoic acid, retinol, retin-A, etc.
What is the difference between retinol vs. retinoic acid?
And what about retinol vs. retin-A? Well, retinoic acid is harsher than retinol, and it causes problems for my sensitive skin. The retinol contained in Bella Doré doesn’t do that. Retin-A works well, but it’s available only through prescription, which I can’t afford.
What is the purpose of retinol in skin cream?
A lot of people think retinol works by exfoliating, because there is often a temporary side-effect of redness and peeling when you start using it. But retinoids actually impact gene expression. By doing so, they boost collagen production. Collagen is the connecting tissue which is abundant when you are younger and which keeps your skin elastic and smooth. As you get older, collagen production falls off.
So using a retinol cream allows you to turn back the hands of time. When your body starts producing more collagen again, you get firm, healthy-looking skin with a youthful glow.
Bella Doré is gentle, which means its effects are subtle at first. But that makes it perfect for sensitive skin. And over the long run, I’ve discovered it is the best retinol cream. Like I mentioned, I’ve tried many others (Bella Doré vs. StriVectin for example), and this one gave me the best results.
My Results With Bella Doré
As I mentioned before, retinol products take a few weeks before you start really noticing improvements. I had enough experience with them to be patient with Bella Doré. I also knew enough not to get discouraged by some redness and peeling.
I am pleased to report this was much gentler than a lot of other retinol creams I have tried! I had far less irritation than I ever did with anything else in the past. For once, no major retinol side effects!
I also saw results much faster than I expected. After just a couple weeks of use, I noticed some of my more noticeable wrinkles seemed finer. My skin was also a lot less dry.
By the end of the first month, I was already sure I had found the best retinol serum out there. The refreshing, rejuvenating effect was obvious by this point. My wrinkles were much fainter, and even some of my age spots were less obvious. Bella Doré seemed to be repairing some of my old sun damage.
I’ve now been using the product for several months, and my skin is still improving! Do I look twelve years younger? Not yet, but I’d say I’ve lost about five years! One retinol secret which I know is that you need to use a retinol product for at least a year to get the full benefits.
At this rate, I actually think I will look twelve years younger at the end of the year!
Here are my key observations about Bella Doré:
- I had great results within just a couple of weeks of daily use.Don’t believe what people say about retinol products working within days. All retinol creams take longer than that to kick in. A couple of weeks is fast, trust me.
- Very gentle, not harsh. This means it takes longer to see the full effects, but it is worth it not irritating sensitive skin.
- You can put this product around your eyes without irritation. In fact, that is where I have had some of the best results!
- This stuff is awesome to wear on your next trip to the beach! A lot of people don’t know this, but retinol can prevent the breakdown of collagen from sun exposure. So it can protect your skin from future damage.
After years of searching for the perfect anti-aging skin cream, I have finally found it. If you take a look around the site, you can check out other anti-wrinkle serums I have reviewed. There are some other good products out there, but nothing has been as gentle and fast-acting as Bella Doré. For long-term powerful anti-aging benefits, Bella Doré gets my vote as the best over-the-counter retinol wrinkle product for 2016!