This post was last updated on January 6th, 2017
The human body manufactures a substance known as collagen. This protein is needed to keep cells firm and help them maintain their good structure.
There are several parts of the body where collagen can be found such as; bones, muscles, blood vessels and skin. As you grow older, the production of this substance becomes slower.
If you are over age 30, you are well aware of the damage that a lack of collagen can cause in your body. From an increase in osteoporosis, to painful joints, to cellulite and wrinkles. However, with the help of pure marine collagen supplements, the lost collagen will be replaced and the damaged caused by aging will be repaired.
The Major Benefits of Pure Marine Collagen Supplements
There are numerous benefits of natural collagen supplements, let’s find out what they are:
- Quick entry to bloodstream. – When compared to other collagen supplements, those that contain pure marine collagen can enter your bloodstream more quickly than the others. However, your metabolism, age and collagen depletion are the ones that will determine the speed of their effects on your body. The younger you are, the quicker the results.
- Reduces wrinkles. – When you reach the age of 25, the manufacture of collagen in your body is reduced by at least 1½ % each year. Wrinkles are caused by collagen reduction. Collagen supplements replenish lost collagen hence the wrinkles found on your skin will be minimized.
- Minimizes cellulite appearance. – When there’s not enough collagen in the body, the toxins are blocked from moving to your lymphatic system. As a natural reaction, your body will wrap them together inside a chunk of fat which is known as cellulite. However, if your body has sufficient amount of collagen, the toxins will be lost and this will lead to a reduction of cellulites present in your body.
- Removes pain in the joints. – Based from recent studies, intake of pure marine collagen supplements particularly Type 2 collagen can take away the pain felt in the joints. This is a great benefit because joint pains are extremely unbearable.
- Improves the appearance of skin. – By taking this kind of collagen supplement, your skin will become noticeably tighter and smoother. It will achieve a healthy glow and become more radiant.
How Much Do Marine Collagen Supplements Cost?
Although supplements with pure collagen have a high cost, you shouldn’t mind the price because they are the only ones that can bring back your lost vitality and energy. In addition to that, your skin will also become more beautiful which is one of its greatest benefits. Although this might be the case, you cannot leave supplements to do the entire job for you.
You must not fail to take good care of yourself to fight the bad effects of aging. The effects of these supplements will not immediately show, you still need to wait for a couple of weeks to see some changes. The waiting period is where the collagen present in the supplements is fixing your blood vessels, bones and muscles.
Before choosing a collagen supplement, make sure it contains pure type 2 marine collagen and glycosaminoglycans.
glycosaminoglycans – these are needed to lubricate the fluid in our joints.
hyaluronic acid – this is a type of glycosaminoglycan which helps to build and spread new cells.
chondroitin sulfate – is another substance found in glycosaminoglycans and is useful to build and strengthen the cartilage in our joints.