I’ve always hated the term “turkey neck,” but I suppose it’s a better description than “wrinkled, sagging neck skin.” It’s one of the least attractive effects of aging, and although it’s natural, I’d rather do everything in my power to stop it.
Turkey Neck Exhibit A: Mitch McConnell
But can you really stop Mother Nature herself? Possibly. StriVectin’s tightening neck serum has been called the best neck firming cream. We’re going to take a look at why and how this cream works.
How to Tighten the Skin on Your Neck with StriVectin Serum
Turkey neck occurs because the muscles in your neck start to weaken and lose their elasticity. Sure, there are exercises that you can do to help keep these muscles strong and improve blood circulation to the neck, but you’ll need to do more if you really want to prevent or get rid of your turkey neck.
Common exercises for turkey neck include:
- Place one hand on your forehead.
- Push your head against your hand without tilting your head forward.
- Hold the position for 10 seconds.
- Hold both of your hands behind your head, push back with your neck, and hold the position for 10 seconds.
- Sit up tall with your back straight.
- Lift your head back, and point your chin toward the ceiling.
- Make a chewing motion with your mouth while keeping your lips closed.
- Repeat this exercise 10 times.
- Sit up tall with your back straight.
- Lift your head, and point your chin toward the ceiling.
- Pout your lips as if you were giving a kiss.
- Repeat this exercise 20 times.
- Lie down on your bed, and allow your head to hang over the edge.
- Using your neck muscles, slowly lift your head as high as you can.
- Repeat this movement five times, but stop if you experience any neck pain.
A turtle neck massage can help relax the neck muscles and improve blood circulation to the area.
There’s the option to have surgery, but this is an extreme and expensive measure. Most women try a combination of exercises and neck tightening creams. While exercise can help, a good quality neck cream is more beneficial and effective in the long-run.
Do Turkey Neck Creams Really Work?
New research shows that neck creams may be more effective than initially thought.
In one large study, 94% of women who used a neck cream twice a day saw improvement in their neck appearance.
You’ll find many neck creams on the market today, but one of the most loved is StriVectin Tightening neck serum. This lightweight, non-greasy cream is loaded with advanced ingredients that help fight turkey neck and turn back the clock.
StriVectin Tightening Neck Serum Ingredients
StriVectin’s neck cream is designed to hydrate and firm the skin. The cream’s container has an attacked roller for a massaging effect and to help with cream absorption.
After four weeks, 97% of users felt smoother, softer skin; 95% felt hydrated skin; and 86% felt tighter skin.
What does StriVectin’s cream do?
- Tighten the skin surface while visibly lifting and firming the neck area.
- Visibly lift for a defined profile while smoothing and hydrating the skin.
- Massage roller glides on easily to tighten the neck.
How does the cream produce these results? The secret is in the ingredients:
StriVectin’s key ingredient in this cream is NIA-114, which the company calls the “anti-aging gamechanger.”
NIA-114 is StriVectin’s patented and optimized form of Niacin/Vitamin B3 that has been clinically proven to strengthen the skin barrier and improve the performance of other ingredients in the cream.
As a patented ingredient, NIA-114 can only be found in StriVectin formulas.
The ingredient was invented by scientists after 34 years of research.
Myristyl nicotinate is a derivative of nicotinic acid, which is a component of vitamin B3. While it’s not the same ingredient of niacinamide, it functions in the same way.
When vitamin B3 is in its niacinamide form, it can prevent water loss and help the skin retain moisture. It may also increase keratin while smoothing the skin’s texture and eliminating wrinkles.
Pullulan is found in many anti-aging products because of its skin-tightening capabilities when applied to the skin. It creates a sheer film that instantly improves the skin’s texture and appearance.
Algae has been used in skin care for thousands of years. It is a powerhouse of nutrients and minerals. Algae can also help remove toxins from the skin while providing peptides and antioxidants.
Along with replenishing minerals and vitamins, algae hydrates and softens the skin.
Natural, hydrating and nourishing, algae extracts offer more benefits beyond anti-aging to make this a well-rounded product.
Sodium hyaluronate has a remarkable ability to penetrate the skin and hold onto water. Unlike other moisturizers, sodium hyaluronate does not leave a greasy feeling to the skin.
A combination of different polymers work together to help smooth and tighten the skin. These ingredients give the impression of youthful, healthy skin. They’re a key part of the cream’s effectiveness.
Thanks to its antioxidant power, resveratrol fights free-radical damage while minimizing the signs of aging, such as hyperpigmentation, wrinkles and fine lines.
All of the ingredients in this skin cream are designed to firm, tighten and hydrate the skin. It takes just a few weeks to start seeing results, and the massaging applicator makes the entire process relaxing and rejuvenating.
How Often Should You Use StriVectin’s Cream?
For best results, StriVectin’s tightening neck cream should be used twice a day: morning and evening.
- Turn the applicator to the ON position.
- Gently roll over your neck and jawline while gently squeezing the tube.
- Turn the applicator to the OFF position.
- Continue massaging the cream onto the neck.
Feel free to apply the cream and massage your neck anytime you need a pick-up.
Unlike other neck creams, StriVectin’s product has been shown to be effective in virtually all users. After just a few weeks, your skin will be smoother, more hydrated and firmer. It’s a small price to pay to turn back the clock.